Startups are becoming very popular in India. In order to develop the Indian economy and attract talented entrepreneurs, the Government of India has started and promoted the Startup India initiative to recognize and promote startups.
Given below is the registration process on startup india:
1. Your entity (Private Company or LLP) can be registered as startup india through online portal.
2. Visit the Startup India website and click on ‘Register’.
3. Enter your Name, Email, Mobile No, Password and click on “Register” button.
4. Next, enter the OTP which is sent to your email and fill in the required details, click on the ‘Submit’ button. After this your Startup profile is created.
5. Once, your profile is created on the website, Startup can apply to Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) for the recognition.
6. Fill in the Start-up Recognition Form and submit along with necessary documents, kindly note that there is no fees for startup registration.
7. List of documents required:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Proof of funding, if any (PAS-3 / List of allottees)
- Authorisation letter of the authorised representative of entity
- Proof of concept like pitch deck/website link/video
- Patent and trademark details (if any)
- List of awards or certificates of recognition (if any
8. Once the duly filled application is made then the Certificate of recognition will be issued after due examination of the documents submitted.
9. The Certificate of recognition will be valid up to ten years from the date of its incorporation or till the turnover for any of the financial years exceed 100 Crores whichever is earlier.
Specified entities are not eligible for being registered as Startup,
Below is the template of Certificate issued by DPIIT